Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's Your Move, God

Can you believe it is already May? Time does not merely fly by anymore, it blasts forward at warp speed. I turn around and another month is gone. Another turn – another year. On and on.

Which leads me to ask myself what am I doing with this precious time that vanishes so quickly? Am I accomplishing things that are pleasing to God? Am I asking God what He wants of me? Am I then doing whatever He asks? Whatever He asks???

Hmmm...Food for thought.

I'd like to relate a story that happened to me in the wee hours of the morning, just this morning. I have begun taking an online workshop at MotherVerse to jazz up this very Web site. I need to learn more of the technical ins and outs of posting blogs. So I sat down here late last evening and began to fool around with various fonts and colors. All was just fine for a while.

But then I couldn't seem to do anything right. I'd click my mouse and nothing would happen but the most irritating noise from the tower of the computer. On and on went this noise. Click, click, click. Nothing. I got so mad!

Finally I walked away. (Anyone who knows me, knows it was more like "stormed" away, but no matter.) I started flipping through the channels on TV and passed EWTN. I don't usually watch that channel. But I heard God as I quickly clicked by. He was calling me back. I listened to that commanding voice as God whispered to me. Had I let my anger control me, let "my" will control me, I probably would have watched Pride and Prejudice for the millionth time until I became sleepy enough to go to bed.

But I stayed right where God wanted me, and I watched and I learned. He sent me away from the computer so He could give me a few pointers. In this day and age of so very many diversions and dilemmas we must train ourselves to hear God's voice, be it a whisper, a nagging repetition or a thunderbolt. We must listen and we must act.

I really like having this God the Father taking me under His wing. I've been a mom for 23 years. You know, Mom, the be all and end all of most homes. "Do this. Don't do that. Are you crazy? What were you thinking? Or weren't you thinking?" Countless decisions made every day affecting lives most profoundly. I'm tired. I want some rest, some guidance. I am soooo ready to give it up to God. So here I am God. It's Your move.

~ Maureen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)