Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring in My Soul

If I said I were sad for March to be exiting like either a lamb or a lion, I'd be a big, fat liar! I don't care how it goes; I just want it to go. Goodbye. Adios. Sayonara. Got the picture, ladies? Crying over spilled milk gets us nothing but a sticky, smelly spot on the floor. So good riddance to you, Mr. March. Notice the masculinity of him! Speaks volumes, I know. It's meant to.

Spring is just around the corner and this year I need a spring in my soul. I will die without it. Sound melodramatic or is it right on the money? How are you feeling on this last day of the month?

I know I can't fool around with this life of mine any longer. It's the only one God intends to give me. So what do I do with it? That's the $64,000 question now, isn't it? My life. My life. That right there is the biggest lie! It's not my life; it never has been. God never intended for my life to stay belonging solely to me. Maybe y-e-a-r-s ago on the day of my birth my life was mine for a second or two. But after that I've been supposed to live for others. I've always felt it. Even before I was purposely preached all the expectations of a Christian, it's lived as a tenet in my soul. I've always felt it. But does this "tenant" still reside in my soul or has she moved on?

Sometimes I wonder - like pretty much all of March! But I know what is right. And I know how to treat people well. I have hurdles to scale but what else do I have to do beside do what God wants me to do?

For a solid month I haven't known what to pray for. No specifics for myself. So I've prayed for God's will. And I still pray for God's will. Maybe in regard to all of us, ladies and moms, this is the one prayer that will soften God's heart so he inclines His ear to us. I sure hope so. Thy will be done.

~ Maureen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)