Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Good Luck Ladies

So, tomorrow's the big day. Are you thoroughly exhausted yet? I've often said that moms give the holidays and men receive them. Of course, coming from a houseful of men I am definitely biased. And not in a good way!

For once, I'm in great shape for tomorrow. Just shove the bird in the oven and wait 'til it's done. Table's set, pies are made, sausage cornbread stuffing makings are ready and waiting to be assembled. Tomorrow it's whipped potatoes and sweet potatoes, open the cranberry can and we are good to go.

I'm glad we have our own Thanksgiving. I insisted years ago. I bucked the well-established family system and our young family stayed home for our own dinner. We visit everybody later in the day, but there's just something so wrong about not having your own Thanksgiving Day leftovers, you know?

Hopefully you are not working too hard preparing your own feast. The funniest thing about writing this blog is that I doubt if one single lady will read it. You're all too busy!

Gobble! Gobble! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)