Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dear God,
In three days Your Child is going to die. He has been Your pride and joy, a model child His whole life, a most loving Boy. You have watched Him grow and learn and come into His own. You have 33 years of memories stored up of Him.

You were so elated when He was born You sent Your angels to welcome Him into this world. You were such a proud Papa. As Your Son grew in age, wisdom and grace your pride increased accordingly. He could do no wrong.

He was a friend to the less popular; He shared all He had with any in need; He didn't care what people thought of Him; He knew Who He was. He was Your Son and He never did one thing to tarnish the name You gave Him.

But a few weeks ago the tide turned. You felt that shift, didn't You? You saw. It seems Your Son is too good all of a sudden. People are becoming jealous of Him, and very fearful. Do You know they are plotting against Him? You could change their minds. You could turn their hearts of stone. You could make them see. Why aren't You? Why won't You help Your Son?

Soon people will falsely accuse this Boy of Yours, betray Him and deny His friendship. Your heart will break when they spit on Him, when they insult Him and beat Him. You only have three days left with Your Son.

They will humiliate Him. They will scourge Him over and over and over. And at some point during the torture of Your Son You will die inside. You will not be able to endure watching Your Son suffer so. But You will do nothing to stop it. They will crush the thorns deep into His flesh and hammer spikes into His hands and feet.

You will watch as they hang Your Son on a cross in three short days. You will see every drop of blood and hear every sigh, every groan. But You will be numb to it, helpless. Just when you think You cannot possibly endure one more second of your Son's suffering, You will hear Your Son's voice loud and clear, wracked with pain, accusing You of forsaking Him. And suddenly Your heart will be no more; it will be gone. Your Son will be no more; He will be gone.

Why will You let Your Son die, God? How can You? You have three days to do something about it. Please do it. Please stop it. Make them see.
Love,
Me

Dear Daughter,
I know what's coming, you are right. I will not stop it. "Make them see," you begged. Instead I will make you see. I will make you understand. Find your son. Look into his eyes. You will find your answer. You will see the reason I will let my Son die on Friday. What do you see?
Your loving Father

Dear God,
I see me in my son's eyes.
Love,
Me

Dear Daughter,
You have your answer. I have already made my choice. I cannot have My Son and you. I choose you. Love Me.


~Maureen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)