Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Who Can be Against Us?

Who can be against us? Plenty of people can. Circumstances may leave us exasperated. Mistakes foil our plans. Our own dreams and desires seem to plot against us. Very many forces in this world can be against us at any given time. We feel as if we are being ganged up on. We have a problem and for the life us we cannot construct a satisfactory resolution. We worry. We lose sleep. We ask our friends for their advice. We run away. At such times we are forgetting the good. We are forgetting the God. Our God, our Father who desires only the best for us.

Forgetfulness is bad if it is God who is slipping our minds. Hopefully our moments of forgetfulness are few and far between where God is concerned. Best case scenario: we never forget.

But I forgot tonight - not for long - but just long enough to feel alone. Isn't there a song about feeling alone in a crowded room? Well, that was me. I knew what was happening but couldn't seem to shake the feeling. I tried to look at those around me and find God in them but I couldn't find Him. I scanned the crowd. No one looked remotely happy. And I could not push myself to be God for another. Just couldn't do it.

Mercifully, the time to depart arrived. I came home unsure of what I should do or where I should go. I opened the Bible to the phrase which began my post : "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Those first five words are pretty darn important. The ultimate qualifier, wouldn't you say?

I feel better. I don't feel alone anymore. God is here.

Remember, God is there, too. Never feel alone.

~ Maureen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)