Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Small Successes

My Small Successes This Week
They don’t seem so small to me – I’m really quite thrilled with them. They all have to do with my oldest son.
1. This week we had a heart-to-heart about many of his concerns. Being a young adult isn’t easy in this world. And for once, I listened more than I talked! I really listened to his concerns, and gave them thoughtful consideration rather than spouting the usual party line. We had a great dinner together, just the two of us, mother and son, friend to friend.
2. He took action on a key concern of his – real concrete action, and I feel very proud that I had something to do with his decision.
3. And my dear one signed up for one college class edging nearer his degree. I’m REALLY happy about this one!

So there you have it. Small successes of a mom in transition. I jokingly call myself a tweeny mom. Sons almost 19 through 24 don’t exactly come running for advice anymore; they need to make their fair share of mistakes so they will learn from them. However, taking a backseat in their lives is much harder than you may imagine, unless of course, you are also a mom in transition. If so, I welcome you to my Web site. Look around. You just may find something you like!

I encourage you to read Mom Moments and leave a message about your own children, as well as checking out My Take on 3.

~ Maureen :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I'm late reading this. It's been one of those "sick kid" weeks. Thanks for uplifting me with your wonderful words and glimpse into your special family! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)