Friday, September 2, 2011

God, What Do You Want of Me This Day?

The past two days have been quite peaceful and one reason exists for this lovely outcome: I started writing again. It may sound silly but throughout this remodeling project which began in May my primary focus had shifted. I no longer wrote. My excuses were many. No place to write free of drywall dust and noise. I could not gather my thoughts. I had no words in my head. Well, that last one turned out to be a lie because since I told myself that I would write I have miraculously pulled words from my brain each day. And it feels good. Writing is now my primary purpose. Every time I try to go away from it, consciously or not, God gently nudges me back. And thank You, God for that!

I give credit where credit is due. Without the little pushes from God where would we all be? Left to our own devices I shudder to think what our familes' lives would be like. We kicked God out of schools - can't pray - separation of church and state, don't you know - and look what's happened to our schools. If God is not welcome why should He stay? Don't get me started on all the ways our great country's so-called leaders have shoved God aside. If we feel unwelcome somewhere do we stick around? If we are made to feel like the outsider we find somewhere else that welcomes us.

So it is with God. He gives everyone plenty of time and resources to look his way. He's waved red flags right in front of my face many a time. Sometimes I listened; sometimes I didn't. And whenever I didn't listen I suffered in some way. We all do. The smarter ones realize it and do something about it.

I wish you the peace and quiet to hear God's voice today. Ask Him what He wants of you this one day. It's going to be something that you can handle. I promise. Give it try. It's as easy as "God, what do you want of me this day?"

~ Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)