Thursday, February 7, 2008

God's Will Is Always Goodwill

Hey, I'm back. You must be too if you're reading this. Were you able to carve out 15 minutes for you and God today? Did He speak to you? Did you recognize Him in the kind word of a friend or were you God to another with your kind word? Either way you're on the right track.

That's all most of us can do, I think - start small. One friend to one friend. Ladies, do you remember that Herbal Essences Shampoo commercial many years ago: "She tells two friends, then they tell two friends...?" Pretty soon the TV screen was filled with tons of little faces, all begun from one friend who had some good news to tell.

Well, I think that this Good News is certainly more important than what shampoo you use. So tell two friends. You need not spout Bible verse. Simply smile at them. Ask them how their day is going. TV commercials must be my theme today because I am reminded of the current ad from Liberty Mutual. I love this ad! It's the one where one person helps another, a third person witnesses the good deed and continues the chain of good will. I love everything about that commercial: the conveyed thoughts of helping, the music, all of it.

So when you ask yourself tomorrow morning what God's will is for you, remember that God's will is always goodwill. There is no bad will from God. So, go tell two friends...

~Maureen :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the prayers, Maureen! Yes, I was able to do my devotionals yesterday and today, and already I am feeling so much stronger - about my eating habits, about my work. (Still need confidence with the kids, but as you say, start small.) I hope the trend continues!

    Oh - and I too love the LM ads. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)