Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

The title says it all: I wish you happiness this Valentine's Day. And happiness does not necessarily come tied around a dozen yellow roses. Or hidden in a box of overpriced candy. Or, or, or...

Yesterday I sat down to write a few valentines. My heart was not in it. Not in it at all. I actually put them aside. But then I thought, "This person will be really happy to receive this tomorrow and how much actual effort does it take?" So I picked up my pen and wrote and licked and stamped and sent. (Similar to took, blest, broke and gave, don't you think?) And I'm glad I did. I gave something of myself even though I didn't feel like it. Do you think Jesus WANTED to die for our sins? Do you think He woke up each morning knowing exactly what was ahead of Him jumping for joy at the prospect of starting His day? No. But He did it. He did it for us.

Just like everything else in life, it's not what you get or how YOU feel on this Valentine's Day or any given day; it's what you give. So give, just give - spread some joy today. A little bit of valentine joy goes a long way. Go make your heart happy by making someone else's happy. Happy Heart Day!

~Maureen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)