Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day Three in the Windy City

Day Three in Chicago:

What a lot of food! Last night we had dinner at Ditka’s Steakhouse. When the menu listed “Sides to Share” we should have taken the “to share” part a little more seriously. Very big portions and so tasty! Another bonus was our waiter. Very personable guy who made the experience even more enjoyable.

This morning Mass in the cathedral after another helping of the unsurpassed breakfast buffet at the hotel. Lowkey so far here in Chicago. Hope to actually sight-see later this afternoon and tomorrow. Otherwise I’ll go home, people will ask what I saw, and I’ll have to say, “Not much!” Did see The Bean today – a huge shiny stainless steel structure sculpted by Anish Kapoor. Pretty cool! Odd but cool. PR name is Cloud Gate, but I sure see why it’s nicknamed “The Bean.” Looks just like a huge shiny bean.

I keep taking my life in my hands each time I hail a cab. And I thought I was a city girl! Ha! Not a “big” city girl, that’s for sure. My husband thinks that maybe when we arrive back home I won’t complain so much about leaping up into his truck anymore. I hate to admit it but he is right. His truck is just too darn high, but I will definitely be happier and feel safer behind the wheels of our familiar vehicles on our safe roads without crazy drivers who seem to love to take chances with other people’s lives. Perhaps I have some of the Cowardly Lion in me as well as Dorothy! But better a live chicken than a dead duck!

What will this afternoon and tomorrow bring? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)