Thursday, April 8, 2010

How To Find God 101

Psalm 102: 1-3

“The prayer of one afflicted and wasting away whose anguish is poured out before the Lord.

Lord, hear my prayer; let my cry come to you.
Do not hide Your face from me now that I am in distress.
Turn Your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly.”

I love the last few words of this excerpt: “Answer me quickly.” How true is that? That’s what we want. We want our answers given quickly, painlessly and usually in the affirmative. But that isn’t always the case, now, is it? Sometimes our answers are years in the making, and when we finally get the answer it is a big resounding, “No!” And then we must rely on the belief that God knows best. He must, in His all-knowing, all-seeing manner, know that a “yes” would hurt us, would not be right for us.

Hard to believe at times, but true. So on we plod along the path of our journey…toward Him. And as we move forward in this life our eyes mustn’t be focused on God to the exclusion of those around us, or we miss the God in everyone we see, everyone we hear. And we lose the opportunities to touch, to reach out to those in need. We become loners neither helping nor receiving. No man or woman is an island. Those who try to be are the saddest of sad. Miserable and lonely.

The fastest cure if we feel ourselves slipping to the dark side is to help another person in need. Find someone to raise up, to hold up, to praise, to love. Find another person who needs God and you will find God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)