Saturday, April 3, 2010

Food for Thought

Why is it that the dinner we work so hard to make takes our family only minutes to consume? My family and I just finished our Easter meal a day early. And it was good if I do say so myself! With a goodly amount of leftovers. Yum!

Gearing up for the Easter Vigil - all two hours plus of it. Although this Mass is mighty long it tells our story - a story we need to hear every year. I am looking forward to it. Ritual is important. Helps us remember who we are. Just as it was important for me to have my family around our dinner table, it is even more important to sit around God's table and partake of the Food He offers - the Food which took a lifetime to create. And at such a high price! I'll think of that tonight as I receive Commnunion.

Don't work too hard tonight, Easter Bunnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)