Friday, April 2, 2010

Triduum Thoughts

Oh my goodness – not many winks of sleep last night at all. And you know why? Because I’m torqued about the Triduum. Of all things! What is happening to me? It’s become so special. One long Church feast. I like thinking of it in that way. Sadly, I am the only one in my house who feels this way, but one is better than none, right?

Last night’s Mass was lovely. Growing up I never had experienced the washing of the feet, so it’s extra special to me now. I will always remember who washed my feet and whose feet I washed last night. There is a closeness among friends who choose to be at Mass – who don’t feel like they have to be there, but want to be there.

Today is much of the same. I’m watching a Passion mime this afternoon put on by 8th graders that is special beyond words, and then, of course, The Passion is this evening which is probably the most moving thing I have ever witnessed. So I am accomplishing all the many Easter chores today – cookies, pies, salads and more to come – all on way too little sleep. Maybe I can catch a cat nap somewhere in this busy day.

But as I experience the dragging feeling that always comes with diminished sleep, as well as the dull headache which attaches itself to my brain, I gladly accept these tiny inconveniences – especially on this day – this day when Jesus suffered and died for me…and for you. My aches aren’t from nails, and my headache’s not from thorns.

May God bless you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)