Saturday, February 13, 2010

Check!

Today was a day when instead of merely writing a “to do” list, I actually checked off all items on my list. And it feels good. That simply never happens. After getting some things in order here at home I was ready to head out into the big world. But hubby wanted to go lunch. Hubby LOVES restaurants. Instead of fighting it anymore, I go with the flow. It was noon. Food sounded good, so OK, we can go.

Mooch son #2 just happened to call exactly at noon. What a coincidence! Then Mooch son #4 also wanted to go. But in the meantime hubby realized he must be here at home at 1:00 to participate in a conference call. I didn’t want to eat out in the first place; I said yes to be nice to him. And now two sons were counting on it. We three met at Pizza Hut and did had a lot of fun. Mooches talked. Always enlightening to glimpse their worlds.

Then I was off on my own. I have been driving around with bags for Goodwill in the back of my Jeep for over a month. Throwing grocery bags on top of and around them has been quite a challenge each week. But now they’re gone! Check. Wandered through Wally World next, picking up some trinkets for Valentine’s Day as well as several much-needed household items. Check. Check. Then I finally went to the cable store. My son bought me a TV for my bedroom at Christmas and it has taken me this long to get the cable box. Added bonus: I get to pay $18.00 more every single month just for the privilege of having the DVR box. How special! Triple check.

Next I came home and checked off some phone calls from my “to do” list, e-mailed a few people, and the laundry is whrring away. Chalk up a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)