Sunday, February 7, 2010

When Enough is Enough

Are you ready for some football? How ‘bout some commercials? That’s more my speed. I don’t care who wins today at all, but I will be disappointed if the commercials aren’t great. We’re having just a few people over. Super Bowl Sunday is a big excuse to eat a lot of fun food, I think, and we will do our share. I tell you, I am so tired right now I think I could lie down and sleep until morning. But that’s not possible.

I have, however, discovered the luxury in doing less, taking time to smell the roses, so to speak. That’s why I’m up here typing away to you right now instead of starting something else downstairs. The food that’s prepared is enough. My house is clean enough. Recognizing when enough is enough is important. And that’s much easier now than it once was. I used to run around like a chicken with its head cut off before parties in the past. I’m happy those years are behind me. Nobody is coming to visit my house; they are coming to visit me and my family.

Whatever you’re eating and drinking at your party, enjoy! And let’s all hope for some funny commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)