Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Moms "Just" Want to Have Fun

Remember Cyndi Lauper’s song, “Girls Just Want to Have Fun”? When said girls grow up to be moms the only part of the song title that changes is “just.” Moms have a million new responsibilities. They no longer “just” do anything anymore. That luxury is history. But the “fun” part doesn’t change – or it shouldn’t. In order for fun to be removed from your life you have to send it packing.

I did. Years ago. I wish I hadn’t, but I did. Once the babies began arriving that was it; they came first. Their needs and wants. Mine got lost in the shuffle…because I let them. Any fun I had was mostly with my boys.

Now, however, I am re-introducing fun into my routine. I need the escape. I need to turn off my brain. To let go of worry. Or more accurately…worries.

Once you start, it’s easier than you may think. Try it. If you’re a woman who has relegated fun to the back burner, throw that crazy thinking right out the window – off the burner and out the window. Ask yourself, “What do I like to do?” And do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)