Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Joyful Lent

Lent: a joyful season of the Church. But fasting and giving things up that you like doesn’t seem too joyful to me. So I am making these next 40 days joyful. Just making it happen. I can’t tell you how many Lents I’ve struggled through in the past several years questioning most every choice I’ve ever made – wanting those “do-overs” about which I’ve written so often.

But here I am: mom of four sons; wife to one husband. I’m not struggling through another Lent. I’m not allowing it to happen. I’m smarter than that. And I credit God with my mini-conversion because He has done something inside of me; He has enlightened me to the joy of the life I have right now, this very minute. So I’m going with it – not fighting it any longer.

Wherever you are right now on your journey, I wish you the strength to emerge on the other side a stronger, more joyful person. Good luck to us both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)