Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Ice Cream Anyone?

Last week we had 18 inches of snow, and tonight through tomorrow weather forecasters are predicting another foot or more. Perfect day to post my recipe for snow ice cream! My sister made this ice cream for me when I was younger, and I’ve continued the tradition for my boys. They love it! If you think the atmosphere has too many contaminants filtering through making it down to us here on earth, then you shouldn’t venture this recipe. Personally, I’ve never seen the harm in it. But I also lick beaters with or without raw egg!

Here goes:

Snow Ice Cream

½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 quart fluffy white snow – Best to set out a chilled tray to catch the snow as it’s falling.

Stir cream, sugar and vanilla together. Pour mixture over snow and stir.

I always double or triple the recipe! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)