Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fun Can Happen in Lent

In today’s “Little Black Book” (see yesterday’s post) I received a much-needed little pat on the back – a confirmation, of sorts. The passage has to do with giving things away – realizing that all things we have come from God anyway, so it is our job to be sure they are distributed properly.

Of course, as is the case with any and every project attempted in this house, cleaning up our upstairs and giving what we’ve discovered to those who could use the stuff is an on-going process. In my reading this morning I received affirmation for my efforts. And I sorely need that in my life.

This is not a good time with my parents. They are 89 and 90 with all the accompanying problems associated with such a ripe old age. Yesterday I had a mini-meltdown. Not major like at Christmas, but about a 4 on the Richter scale of meltdowns. I hate what is happening to my parents. But it’s better than the alternate of not having them. However, God has been slowly walking me down the realization path preparing me for the inevitable. But I still hate it.

So today is a day of fun. I am forgetting sadness – casting it aside for lunch and wandering through some junk a.k.a. antique shops. My husband and I walked through an antique show last weekend and I’d forgotten how much fun it could be. And happily, I spent only a meager $10.00. My purchases? Two items each two inches tall: a Planter’s Peanut red whistle and a Coke bottle that’s really a lighter. My tastes are simple…and juvenile, but it’s better than expensive and flamboyant, right?

I wish you some fun today. Spread some joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)