Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Less is More

Last night my family and I had the rare occurrence of sitting down together around the dinner table. All six of us. Earlier in the day I had enticed them with the menu: roast chickens with stuffing, whipped potatoes, biscuits and glazed carrots. The carrots they could take or leave, but the rest…yum!

So as I shoveled the dishes onto the table I thought I’d been given the perfect opportunity to discuss serious pressing matters:

1. Tuesday’s trash night. We have so much junk to get rid of from our ongoing cleanup of our upstairs. We can’t all selectively “forget” to haul the trash to the street.

2. More words of wisdom concerning plans upstairs.

3. Why did no one do one single chore today?

And then I’d surely get on a roll!

I called my dear darlings to the table. We ate and talked and actually looked at each other for a whole 15 minutes. And I said none of my aforementioned thoughts.

Sometimes, less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)