Friday, January 22, 2010

The Other Woman

The woman eager to meet the day. The woman who carefully selects her wardrobe and leisurely applies her make-up. The woman who curls her hair just so. The woman with light in her eyes anticipating the meeting. The woman singing along to her favorite songs in the car. The woman who smiles as she recognizes the familiar car in the parking lot. The woman who gives her hair one quick brush before entering the restaurant. The woman who welcomes with a kiss. Who talks and laughs and listens. Who is fully present in the moment never wishing the moment to end.

The other woman is me.

Clandestine rendezvous? Hardly! Just the hours every month when I forget me the mom to remember me the girl, me the woman, me the friend. I become the me I want to be once a month sitting across from my lifelong friend. No pretense. Nothing’s off limits. Shared tragedies elevate to comedies. Quandaries are solved. Hopeless drops the suffix. I smile all the way home knowing that I am loved by another human being unconditionally. And I start anticipating the next meeting in thirty days, a different restaurant, a different outfit, but the same friend.

*****

Yes, today was my Julie lunch – my human Margarita! If you missed my post of January 9th you may want to scroll down to take a look. I wish you all a Julie in your lives. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)