Monday, March 1, 2010

But I Don't Want to Play!

When a person, namely this person, has a bad day such as yesterday I can’t help but be reminded of dominoes. One by one, as in the child’s game, one domino begins to fall, brushing another, crushing the other, on down the chain until no dominoes remain standing. All are flattened.

Yesterday was bad. No doubt about it. And when a mom has a bad day it can’t help but affect others by the very fact that a mom touches so many lives. Like the rippling of a pond, a mom’s actions are carried out and still further out until the ripples are no longer visible. Unseen, they continue to spread.

These days it seems the hurrieder I try to go the behinder I get. And I’m not really trying to go so fast. I’m just trying to keep going – to keep plugging away as my dad so often has said. At times such as this I trust God to point me in the right direction, to tell me what’s important and what can slide. Important: my parents and my family. Sliders: the dishes and the laundry.

So my house is a mess. What else is new? But I made baked spaghetti tonight for dinner for my boys, and two of their friends unexpectedly came by. I was happy I was able to share. Now if all the men in this house could reciprocate and wash those dirty dishes I’d be one happy camper. I know…it’ll never happen…not in a million years. I’m getting carried away. So I will keep plugging away doing what I think is right, trying to absorb the bumps, not allowing them transfer to the ones I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)