Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Is Here to Stay...I Hope!

Another glorious weather day! What a way to begin spring. And especially springtime in the Midwest where we never know from week to week if we should wear boots or flip flops. I should have spent the entire day outside working in my yard which had been the plan, but then Plan B presented itself, so my husband and I went with Plan B.

Believe it or not we went shopping at a nearby mall. A favorite store of mine had every item of clothing 40% off. These particular sales don’t come around very often so when they do, I jump. Can you say shopping spree? Gee, it was fun. I’m set now, that’s for sure.

Everyone we encountered was in great moods because the weather was so lovely. Guys and girls were in shorts, tank tops and (seriously) flip flops. My husband and I enjoyed a delicious lunch and here we are back at home.

Two of my boys went fishing today and one fell in the river which could have ended much worse as water filled part of his waders, but he’s fine. He was stronger than the current, thank goodness. Friends of my sons are expected for a bonfire later. Everyone is thinking spring. And everyone is happy. Good riddance winter. Welcome spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)