Saturday, March 6, 2010

Refreshing Nothingness

I’ve often spoken of my dad’s favorite expression: Keep plugging away. And most days that’s what we moms do. But this weekend instead of plugging away at responsibilities, I unplugged. My husband and I drove a few hours south where, remarkably and refreshingly, all snow had melted. We so enjoyed seeing grass instead of the dirty white stuff. And the sun shone for two days in a row. How lovely!

My biggest claim to fame was a much-overdue trip through Bath and Bodyworks. I tested scents and purchased three new ones. That’s my kind of fun, my definition of unplug. Not having to be anywhere at any certain time, not having to do anything. And here I am at home again just a day and a half later feeling much relaxed. Agenda tonight? Be a couch potato, that’s my plan. Next week will be here soon enough with all its “to dos.” But it’s not here yet! And I’m relishing every moment of nothingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)