Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chivalry is Alive and Well

Each day is busier than the next! Why is that? Will life ever slow down? Today I took my mom to the doctor. At one point all seats in the doctor’s waiting room were completely filled and five people were standing around with no place to sit. But chivalry is not dead, for one man gave his seat to three different ladies. Just as the poor guy thought he got his seat back another person entered the room. It was kind of funny and very sweet that he kept getting up.

Something as simple as that restores my faith in the human race. I wrote about the domino effect yesterday in regard to bad occurrences, but I bet the next time any of the folks who were in that waiting room today are waiting somewhere where additional seating is needed we will think of this unselfish man and hopefully do the right thing.

It’s funny what you remember. My family moved out to the “country” my freshman year of high school. Until that time I rode the bus home every day from school. But on the very last day before we moved as I was riding on the bus for the last time the bus was very full and a lady stepped on the bus with no seat for her. I gave her mine. I don’t remember much about any other ride home but that day sticks in my head to this day. Doing something nice makes a person feel good. And I remember feeling very happy all the way home that last day…standing.

I know that as a mom since our very nature is give, give, give, sometimes we get tired of giving. I’ve certainly gone through phases of enough is enough. But when is enough really enough? Never. Not as long as God is watching, and He’s always watching. So maybe tomorrow I’ll go out of my way to do something nice for someone who doesn’t expect it. Maybe you can too.

P.S. Did you know today is 3-2-10…Blastoff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)