Monday, March 29, 2010

Oh Wouldn't It Be Nice?

You know what I love? I love it when a fellow mom rants and raves to me. I really do. Because she knows I will understand; I’ve been there. A little while ago I came home from a very long but fruitful day to a classic mom rant from a friend. How many such rants have I written in my time to my friends? How many stars in the heavens? Actually half of my as-yet-unpublished book is full of them. I’m old enough to put some of these situations into perspective. My kids are older, and as corny as it may sound, I am wiser.

But even with my newfound wisdom you know what I’d really like to do? I’d like to go hit these stupid husbands upside the head and say, “Open your freaking eyes and see what that lovely woman does for you and for YOUR children. Stop being blind a.k.a. stupid!”

Without much thought at all I can think of five men to whom I’d like to issue the above statement. Each additional day that I live I am dumbfounded at the extreme differences between men and women. Why did God do it? Why did He put both sexes on the same planet? What was His grand plan? Merely for procreation?

Shall we go all the way back to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden? If they hadn’t picked the fruit would all our relationships be rosy? Would men wash dishes and happily ferry the children to their many activities? Would they pick up their own socks and underwear? Would they turn on the washing machine? And would they say, “Thank you for all that you do, Honey, every single day – the things that I see, and the hundreds of things that I couldn’t possibly see. Thank you for taking the time to make OUR children be the best that they can be…Is there anything I can do for you right now?”

Yeah, I know, my blog has disintegrated to fantasy. But wouldn’t it nice?

1 comment:

  1. Rant and rave via email? Who in the wide, wide world would EVER do that?!?!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)