Thursday, March 11, 2010

Where'd I Leave My Brain?

A public shoutout to the lovely woman who helped me find my car in the Wally World parking lot today. I came out. I walked to my car. I looked. I wandered. I worried. I felt like an idiot. My car was nowhere to be found. I was beginning to think someone had stolen it! When suddenly this angel of mercy shows up since it’s so obvious I’m walking around in circles.

She suggests I hit the panic button on my keys. Nothing. We walk around together. She offers me her phone advising me to call 911. I just can’t do that. It must be there somewhere. I call my husband instead. Like what could he could? But still, I called him. And lo and behold way off in the distance I saw a dirty old Jeep that looked like it could possibly be mine. But how’d it get that far away?

I tried the remote. Nothing. But we walked toward it anyway. As we neared the Jeep I pushed the remote once more and on went my lights. Geez, what an idiot! I went in the wrong door. I actually went in the wrong door! Or more precisely, came out the wrong door! I still can’t believe I did it.

But you know what else I can’t believe? How much easier it was to wander that parking lot with my newfound friend, rather than by my lonesome. It made all the difference. I had asked God to help me find my car. And He did, but He also sent me this reassuring stranger to ease my worried mind.

Lightening another’s burden is what we are all supposed to do. Thank you to this wonderful woman and to God. And maybe next time I won’t be such a dope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)