Tuesday, March 9, 2010

God's Time

Today I ventured out without a coat – first time since probably November, and it felt great. It’s amazing how much cheerier the world seems with a little hope in the air. One of my sons already wants to grill hotdogs outside. My first reaction was a typical mom response: “Not until the yard is cleaned up.” Where’d that come from?

That was basically his response: “What does that have to do with grilling?”

Nothing. Positively nothing. What it does have to do with is the fact that as the snow is finally melting, all the little “treasures” which had been hidden during the winter are beginning to show. Little things and big things which weren’t put where they should have been for the last couple months. I’m probably the worst offender of them all; I threw out a bunch of stuff while cleaning the upstairs over a month ago, and the handiest way to reach downstairs was straight out the back window! Then it snowed. And snowed and snowed. And that snow covered up my mess. But now my mess is becoming larger each day as the sun hits closer to the house. And the grill is right by the mess, my mess. Now do you understand the weird mom logic?

We all endure winter knowing that spring will come; we all endure trials on our life’s journey knowing that they won’t last forever – that good will follow the bad. Optimism keeps us going. God keeps us going. When difficulties come we need to go to Him – and wait for God to send His springtime to us. Sometimes the waiting may seem unbearable, but wait we must because life is on God’s time, not our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)