Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thanks for Listening, God

Have you ever had one of those days when you felt you were right where God wanted you to be? Or been thinking about something and ~ voila ~ there’s your answer? That’s how I felt this morning. I began my day at Mass and Bible Study where there was so much to take in I thought my head would explode! Holy Thursday Mass, Good Friday’s Passion, the unbelievably long Easter Vigil and finally Easter Day. Our group discussed all of the aforementioned.

So many feelings rippling through me. Do I do enough? No, I don’t do enough. Sure, I do enough. What is enough? Who knows? But I do know that I always feel safe and content at Bible Study. For a couple hours each week I feel like an apostle – a disciple of Christ learning some of what all Christians should know. I listen. I take notes. I ponder.

I like learning. I enjoy exploring the facets of the Bible. Wherever I am on my own personal journey affects what I come away with each week. Today I was open to possibility. On Palm Sunday I told myself I would participate in all Holy Week church activities. Just knowing that I said yes to God has put me in a good frame of mind. I get up early, knowing what the day will bring, and have the energy to see my agenda through. There’s no wiggle room. At night I feel that good kind of tired that says “well done.”

After Bible Study I was this pathetic hungry woman desperately seeking a lunch partner. Called one husband and three sons to no avail. I gave up and drove to the post office to send a bill away. And up I look and walking right in front of my Jeep is my friend – my soon-to-be lunch partner. We had a wonderful time together both enjoying each other’s company.

I just love it when God answers my prayers before I even really put a voice to them. He knew what I wanted and gave it to me. Now, to be sure, God doesn’t always answer in such a favorable and timely fashion, but He does always answer. It’s just extra nice when He answers this way.

May God’s ear be especially inclined to your needs this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello ladies (and the occasional enlightened man!),
Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear from you.
~ Maureen :)